Congratulations! You’ve finally found the perfect dress. The next step is to make an appointment to get a fitting, and work with your seamstress to make your dress even more beautiful. Fittings can be intimidating, but with a few simple tips, you can make the process run seamlessly (pun intended).
- Bring Your Shoes Surprisingly, a lot of brides forget to bring their shoes and any undergarments they plan to wear on their big day to their fitting. These items are necessary to have during a fitting so the seamstress knows exactly where to pin and hem your dress!
- Get Dolled Up Do your hair and makeup for your fitting! It will make envisioning yourself on the big day that much easier. You may even want to schedule your hair and makeup trial on the same day as your fitting.
- Bring A Friend Whether it’s a bridesmaid, your mom, or your sister, just make sure you have someone whose opinion you value with you during your fitting appointment. They’ll also be able to learn the bustle that way.
- Eat! Grab a bite before your fitting to avoid feeling light headed. Fitting appointments generally take about an hour, and you’ll probably be standing the entire time.
- Relax! This is our biggest recommendation for brides to be! If you walk in stressed, or expect the experience to be stressful, it will be! Fittings are meant to be fun for the bride and her party, have a positive attitude & enjoy yourself!